Faith Baptist Church was established on February 12, 1956 when 57 people met at a building on the corner of Warren and Drexel Rd. in Dearborn Heights. Three and a half years later, we built and moved into our first building on Ford Road in 1959, with attendance over 200. The building that God had provided by 'Faith' soon became too small for our growing congregation and a new building was built in 1964 with attendance over 400.
From the beginning, Faith began supporting missions and attributes this to their wonderful growth. Today, we support over 160 missionaries and projects.
Rev. Donald Gregory was the founder and pastor for almost 53 yrs. Upon his retirement in July of 2008, Rev. Barry Bedwell assumed the pastorate and continues to lead Faith into new phases of ministry and growth.
Faith Baptist Church has come a long way from the simple days in the school house on Brenner but has never ceased to be a strong lighthouse of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
As of April, 2017, church services are being held in interim locations as we await the construction of and relocation to a new building in Canton off of Beck and Warren Rd. It is expected to be completed by the fall of 2018.
Our Lord has wonderful plans for us...and the best is yet to come!